Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice 

Recipe courtesy of my Momma

I will say, when I cook I eyeball everything unless I have an exact recipe. With this recipe, my mom told me how and I just put it all together. It was really good! 

 

3+ pork chops (I used what I had in freezer from a large pork loin I bought cut into different pieces)
Cooked rice ( I used 2 bags of the Boil-in-Bag whole grain brown rice)
1 onion- chopped
1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
Minced Garlic (I used 1-2 tbsp- I love garlic)
Olive oil
Creole Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut pork into small strips. Heat oil in your pan.
Add Pork and sprinkle/coat with creole seasoning. Cook for few minutes and add garlic and onions. Cook together until meat is done. Put in bowl and set aside.

Add a little more oil to your same pan, make sure it is really hot before you add your rice.
I went ahead and added my peas and carrots too. I cooked rice, then flipped portions over to try and fry "both sides". I added a little more creole and a little bit of soy sauce. Once I felt the rice and peas had fried long enough, I added the pork cooked it all together.

The rice was really moist from adding the pork and it's juices. We loved it that way! Feel free to make it your own. It was pretty easy and I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch! Enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment